Meeting about February IRC Meeting

Convened at 2013-02-18 17:30:02.725383 by nuvolari in #ubuntu-za on freenode

Minutes

[17:30:02] STARTED (nuvolari)
[17:30:54] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (nuvolari)
[17:34:11] TOPIC: Review Previous Minutes (nuvolari)
[17:43:47] TOPIC: Administrativia and Announcements (nuvolari)
[17:59:12] AGREED: administer google+ about page with relevant links (nuvolari)
[18:07:45] TOPIC: Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback (nuvolari)
[18:17:59] TOPIC: Events (nuvolari)
[18:30:14] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (nuvolari)
[18:34:43] AGREED: kbmonkey to chair next meeting (kbmonkey)
[18:34:44] AGREED: kbmonkey as chair for meeting on the 21st of March (nuvolari)
[18:35:14] TOPIC: closing (nuvolari)
[18:37:15] AGREED: correction on next meeting date: 18 March 2013 (nuvolari)
[18:38:55] TOPIC: GlobalJam (nuvolari)
[18:42:04] AGREED: organise times for GlobalJam on the mailing list (nuvolari)
[18:45:08] ENDED (nuvolari)

Present

Raw Log

[17:30:02] <nuvolari> Maaz_: start meeting about February IRC Meeting
[17:30:02] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[17:30:09] <magespawn> not that good for hearts to jump out of throats
[17:30:16] <Kilos> hehe
[17:30:21] <Kilos> painfull
[17:30:21] <nuvolari> Maaz_: I am Johan Mynhardt
[17:30:21] <Maaz> nuvolari: Done
[17:30:33] <Kilos> Maaz_, I am Miles Sharpe
[17:30:33] <Maaz> Kilos: Done
[17:30:38] <magespawn> Maaz_: I am Greg Eames
[17:30:38] <Maaz> magespawn: Sure
[17:30:46] <HawkiesZA> Maaz_: I am Gerrit Vermeulen
[17:30:46] <Maaz> HawkiesZA: Righto
[17:30:54] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[17:30:54] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[17:30:57] <inetpro> Maaz_: I am Gustav H Meyer
[17:30:57] <Maaz> inetpro: Alrighty
[17:31:04] <queery> Maaz_, i am Dewald
[17:31:04] <Maaz> queery: Yessir
[17:31:07] <Kilos> lo pro
[17:31:10] <nuvolari> Welcome everyone!
[17:31:14] <queery> Maaz_, why do you have a tail?
[17:31:14] <Maaz> queery: I already know stuff about why
[17:31:23] <Cantide> Maaz_, I am Karl Wortmann
[17:31:23] <Maaz> Cantide: Okay
[17:31:33] <nuvolari> it's great that you all made it
[17:31:34] <SmilyBorg> Maaz_: I am Una Karlsen
[17:31:34] <Maaz> SmilyBorg: Alrighty
[17:31:42] <nuvolari> well, all that is present :)
[17:31:55] <nuvolari> howdy SmilyBorg
[17:31:57] <Kilos> superfly, ??
[17:32:01] <SmilyBorg> hey
[17:32:09] <nuvolari> Vince-0 needs a poke it seems
[17:32:12] <nuvolari> :P
[17:32:14] <inetpro> Kilos: ta
[17:32:14] <inetpro> hmm... no new peeps?
[17:32:26] <nuvolari> inetpro: josvis is new
[17:32:30] <inetpro> ahh
[17:32:46] <inetpro> josvis: welcome to our monthly meeting
[17:32:58] <Kilos> josvis, type in maaz I am "full name"
[17:33:08] <queery> Maaz_, coffee on
[17:33:08] * Maaz puts the kettle on
[17:33:12] <nuvolari> so tonight there does not seem to be much out of the ordinary, or something to focus on
[17:33:13] <queery> Maaz_, coffee for all
[17:33:13] <Maaz> Come on ya buncha geeks. Rock up with your mugs with the correct amount of sugar added already
[17:33:14] <Kilos> the bot will register you as being here
[17:33:22] <nuvolari> or did I miss something major?
[17:33:35] <josvis> maaz I am Jos Visser
[17:33:35] <Maaz> josvis: Righto
[17:33:37] <nuvolari> We will cover the points as per the agenda
[17:33:42] <nuvolari> oh ya,
[17:33:45] <nuvolari> Maaz_: meeting.agenda
[17:33:45] <Maaz> nuvolari: meeting.agenda is http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-za/535/detail/
[17:34:00] <queery> josvis, maaz has a tail so try maaz_
[17:34:11] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Review Previous Minutes
[17:34:11] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review Previous Minutes
[17:34:22] <nuvolari> Maaz_: meeting.minutes
[17:34:22] <Maaz> nuvolari: meeting.minutes is http://maaz.mene.za.net/logs/meetings/freenode-%23ubuntu-za/2013-01-21-17-30-25.html
[17:34:54] <nuvolari> ^^ all the important links for the interested persons
[17:34:55] <Kilos> ai! the bot acknowledge him queery
[17:35:06] <Kilos> put your glasses on
[17:35:15] <queery> oh sorry didn't see
[17:35:28] <queery> oh yea forgot them on the table hold on
[17:35:39] <Kilos> hehe
[17:35:57] <queery> wait, bit why?
[17:36:05] <nuvolari> From my scan over the previous minutes earlier tonight, it seemed that we planned to discuss a lot more on the mailing list than what we actually did
[17:36:11] <inetpro> nothing wrong with Kilos' eyes
[17:36:23] <Kilos> eye
[17:36:26] <queery> that's oom kilos
[17:36:37] <Kilos> one blind and other one dont see either
[17:36:44] <inetpro> lol
[17:36:49] <Kilos> hehe
[17:36:52] <queery> what does that make me?
[17:36:55] <inetpro> nuvolari: did you discuss it?
[17:37:07] <Cantide> nuvolari, i'm not sure i saw much on the mailing list for the agenda :/
[17:37:08]
[17:37:08] <Maaz> Coffee's ready for queery!
[17:37:15] <queery> Maaz_, ty
[17:37:15] <Maaz> You are welcome queery
[17:37:19]
[17:37:20] <nuvolari> I'm going to fetch my coffee quick, you can review and comment on the previous minutes in the meantime :P
[17:37:29] <nuvolari> inetpro: I didn't
[17:37:51] <nuvolari> Cantide: yeah, that's what I meant, we agreed to discuss things but it got left behind
[17:37:52]
[17:37:52] <inetpro> I tried prompting a discussion on G+ but not much happened there either
[17:37:52]
[17:38:05] <Kilos> hiya kbmonkey wb
[17:38:15] * inetpro should perhaps have followed up
[17:38:24] <Kilos> log in with the bot dodo
[17:38:26] * Cantide checks G+
[17:38:32] <kbmonkey> Maaz_, I am Wesley Werner
[17:38:32] <Maaz> kbmonkey: Sure
[17:38:43] <kbmonkey> gee thanks for reminding me Kilos ;P
[17:38:55] <Kilos> np laddy
[17:39:18] <inetpro> Cantide: https://plus.google.com/communities/117322247779910275992
[17:39:22] <queery> oops... i was also MIA the last month
[17:39:54] <HawkiesZA> I've been MIA for longer....
[17:40:01] * HawkiesZA hangs head in shame
[17:40:07] <queery> i switched off G+ notifications sorry, been to busy for the mailing list and social media
[17:40:15] <kbmonkey> hello nuvolari and inetpro and queery too :)
[17:40:22] <inetpro> kbmonkey: wb
[17:40:23] <queery> hi kbmonkey
[17:40:43] <nuvolari> inetpro: we need to give it time, I've noticed that people take time to join in on participation
[17:40:51] <nuvolari> hi kbmonkey :D Welcome
[17:41:10] <inetpro> nuvolari: anything else?
[17:41:31] <inetpro> I mean from the minutes
[17:41:31] <queery> yea I have CD's
[17:41:33] <nuvolari> well, with a lot I meant 2 items :P
[17:41:46] <superfly> Maaz_: I am Raoul Snyman
[17:41:46] <Maaz> superfly: Okay
[17:41:51] <nuvolari> Social media and sharing information about ubuntu development
[17:42:04] <inetpro> ahh
[17:42:10] <nuvolari> I don't have much info in that section, hence my silence on the list :P
[17:42:35] <Cantide> i don't use G+ at all
[17:42:35] <Cantide> i would only use it for the Ubuntu group
[17:42:41] <Cantide> if it were more active
[17:42:51] <HawkiesZA> brb
[17:42:51] * superfly is on G+ all the time
[17:42:58] * inetpro noticed a lot of excitement for the upcoming release
[17:43:00] <superfly> all the Ingress stuff happens on G+
[17:43:01] <nuvolari> Cantide: it's very active... you just have to join in somewhere
[17:43:22] <nuvolari> In-what? I totally lost track :P
[17:43:31] <nuvolari> ok, moving on
[17:43:39] <Cantide> :)
[17:43:47] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Administrativia and Announcements
[17:43:47] <Maaz> Current Topic: Administrativia and Announcements
[17:44:08] * kbmonkey pays attention
[17:44:31] <nuvolari> I guess for admin stuff we should try to convince more people to join the social media
[17:44:43] <nuvolari> I saw a post or 2 flame up on the forum
[17:45:11] <nuvolari> s/flame up/showed life/
[17:45:20] <HawkiesZA> back
[17:45:45] <magespawn> can we put links in the topic bar?
[17:45:49] <kbmonkey> does anyone here post on the ubuntu forums?
[17:46:08] <nuvolari> nu-uh
[17:46:09] <queery> to many things in topic bar
[17:46:11] <magespawn> now and then
[17:46:13] <inetpro> magespawn: what links?
[17:46:29] <magespawn> to the various social pages
[17:47:03] <inetpro> magespawn: I think twitter should be enough
[17:47:09] <queery> create a pge with links to all social sites and 1 link for all...
[17:47:10] <nuvolari> who manages the google+ page?
[17:47:27] * inetpro puts a hand up
[17:47:32] <magespawn> +1 queery
[17:47:39] <nuvolari> I've played around with the photo club's page and community and I first thought to get rid of the page
[17:47:50] <kbmonkey> +1 for queery's idea
[17:48:00] <nuvolari> but it turns out that the page is nice for 'profile' information and links
[17:48:07] <HawkiesZA> queery, Something about.me? I wonder if you can use that for something like this....
[17:48:12] <nuvolari> and then the activity in the community
[17:48:28] <kbmonkey> in fact, http://ubuntu-za.org/get-involved has some links already
[17:48:33] <queery> maybe or ubuntu-za.co.za
[17:48:44] <queery> og org
[17:48:52] <kbmonkey> and link it on G+
[17:49:10] <queery> but a dedicated page like about.me
[17:49:20] <inetpro> G+ is linked on the homepage
[17:49:23] <queery> on ubuntu-za.org
[17:49:36] <inetpro> though not so visible
[17:49:40] <nuvolari> hmm, the got-involved page describe the sections, no links
[17:49:43] <nuvolari> or am I blind?
[17:49:48] <nuvolari> *get-involved
[17:49:50] <inetpro> I guess we should update the above mentioned page as well
[17:50:34] <inetpro> anyone can get involved and help updating
[17:50:38] <kbmonkey> hmmtrue that nuvolari, its a linkless link page
[17:50:48] <queery> hehehe
[17:51:24] <magespawn> okay i will update the page
[17:51:29] <queery> yeai
[17:51:38] <queery> agreed
[17:51:48] <queery> i mean maaz agreed...
[17:51:51] * nuvolari checks out the live chat
[17:51:51] <Kilos> +1 magespawn
[17:52:20]
[17:52:31] <inetpro> ai!
[17:52:54] <queery> nuvi....
[17:53:12] <nuviweb> howdy
[17:53:23] <nuviweb> just shared this to google+ :P hope someone shows up
[17:53:23] <inetpro> nuvolari: it still works
[17:53:31] <queery> magespawn, will you also please create the dedicated links page
[17:53:49] <nuvolari> it's there already, just need actual links
[17:54:14] <queery> ok
[17:54:19] <magespawn> okay no prob, on ubuntu-za.org
[17:54:31] <nuvolari> the home page is the only link there
[17:54:31] <magespawn> ?
[17:54:50] <nuvolari> I can help with the google+ page's admin?
[17:55:18] <nuvolari> magespawn: yeah, http://ubuntu-za.org/get-involved
[17:55:23] <queery> ok just update the get-involved page magespawn
[17:55:57] <magespawn> okay then
[17:56:01] <kbmonkey> I can log in to ubuntu-za.org but have no edit ability on that page
[17:56:10] <kbmonkey> if you do, thanks magespawn :)
[17:56:25] <superfly> just ask, and it shall be given unto you
[17:56:59] <kbmonkey> superfly, please can I have editability on the ubuntu-za wiki?
[17:57:26] <queery> a genie!
[17:57:29] <inetpro> I don't think there's much to help in administering the g+ page but you are welcome to make suggestions and I may add you as admin if really necessary
[17:57:51] <inetpro> at the moment superfly and sflr are admins as well
[17:58:05] <inetpro> but sflr vanished somewhat
[17:58:14] <nuvolari> inetpro: well, the only info is the link back to the home page
[17:58:16] <nuvolari> no other links
[17:58:16] <Kilos> yeah
[17:58:35] <inetpro> nuvolari: ok let's address that later
[17:58:46] * tumbleweed waves
[17:58:47] <superfly> kbmonkey: pm me your username please
[17:58:54] <Kilos> hi tumbleweed
[17:58:55] <superfly> ohi tumbleweed :-)
[17:59:12] <nuvolari> Maaz_: agreed administer google+ about page with relevant links
[17:59:12] <Maaz> Agreed: administer google+ about page with relevant links
[17:59:17] <Cantide> hey tumbleweed~
[17:59:17] <inetpro> or should we perhaps discuss the relevant links here?
[17:59:32] <Kilos> better give them now
[17:59:42] <Kilos> or they are left till next meet
[17:59:50] <inetpro> what links do you want there?
[18:00:22] <Vince-0> nice site!
[18:00:22] <superfly> kbmonkey: done
[18:00:27] <Kilos> you social guys gotta decide that
[18:00:28] <nuvolari> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-za/
[18:00:29] <inetpro> I don't think the G+ page should be a replacement for our website
[18:00:37] <kbmonkey> much obliged, mr fly!
[18:00:44] <nuvolari> http://ubuntu-za.org/irc-live-chat
[18:00:48] <superfly> you're most welcome, mr monkey
[18:00:50] <inetpro> ok
[18:00:55] <Kilos> hehe
[18:01:06] <nuvolari> http://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-za
[18:01:17] <inetpro> hmm...
[18:01:38] <queery> facebook?
[18:01:44] <queery> twitter
[18:01:50] <queery> G+
[18:01:54] <nuvolari> ah, I did not see the community section on the page before
[18:01:56] <Kilos> add you g+ link too
[18:01:58] <superfly> twitter.com/ubuntuza
[18:02:07] <queery> and deal extreme
[18:02:35] <Kilos> magespawn, you taking notes?
[18:02:44] <magespawn> maybe on the get suport page too?
[18:02:49] <queery> don't worry maaz is
[18:02:53] <magespawn> yes Kilos
[18:03:00] <Kilos> good man
[18:03:12] <nuvolari> http://www.facebook.com/groups/ubuntuza/
[18:03:20] <nuvolari> 213 members!
[18:03:36] <nuvolari> I just don't hang out on FB
[18:03:54] <queery> who does
[18:03:58] <kbmonkey> ditto
[18:04:06] <nuvolari> ok, I think that's about all the links we can cover?
[18:04:26] <nuvolari> forum? We don't really promote the forum
[18:04:39] <nuvolari> for good reason
[18:04:41] <nuvolari> :P
[18:04:42] <nuvolari> I think
[18:04:54] <queery> we have a forum?
[18:05:03] <Vince-0> nice forum
[18:05:08] <nuvolari> wait, forget that I mentioned that
[18:05:15] <kbmonkey> not a community page as such, but askubuntu.com could be mentioned for support?
[18:05:29] <queery> Vince-0, is such a polite boy...
[18:05:35] <nuvolari> lol
[18:05:40] <Kilos> hehe
[18:05:45] <Vince-0> haai, I have awoken
[18:06:02] <nuvolari> oh dear, the time flies by quickly
[18:06:07] <kbmonkey> hey Vince-0, you misspelled soapbox :p
[18:06:14] <nuvolari> do we have anything more to mention in this section?
[18:06:40] <kbmonkey> nope, motion to move along...?
[18:06:42] <Vince-0> I do: it is better to pool support in the most active area unless there is a reason not to
[18:06:48] <queery> i
[18:06:59] * Vince-0 closes
[18:07:12] <queery> and scene...
[18:07:18] <nuvolari> ok, moving on
[18:07:18] <inetpro> nuvolari: done... links updated
[18:07:27] <nuvolari> thanks inetpro!
[18:07:40] <queery> on what?
[18:07:45] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback
[18:07:45] <Maaz> Current Topic: Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback
[18:07:52] <nuvolari> queery: g+
[18:07:54] <queery> oh
[18:08:11] <queery> thanx inetpro
[18:08:13] <inetpro> nuvolari: https://plus.google.com/b/112877206374340387802/112877206374340387802/about
[18:08:15] <inetpro> np
[18:08:23] <superfly> I haven't really had a chance to look into upgrading
[18:08:24] <nuvolari> that's pretty :>
[18:08:31] <superfly> to Ubuntu +1
[18:08:50] <queery> where is deal extreme
[18:08:55] <queery> love that site
[18:08:59] <nuvolari> anyone wants to take the lead for this topic?
[18:09:06] <nuvolari> please
[18:09:09] <nuvolari> :)
[18:09:46] <inetpro> tumbleweed: how about telling us about some of the awesomeness we can expect from the next release
[18:09:58] <Cantide> i don't use G+ enough... how do i follow that page, inetpro ?
[18:10:24] <inetpro> Cantide: just add it to your circles
[18:10:27] <queery> when will they fix drag and drop in unity
[18:10:38] <superfly> nuvolari, inetpro: I usually upgrade when the first beta comes out
[18:10:49] * superfly uses a desktop that isn't broken
[18:10:52] <Cantide> h.. how >.<
[18:10:54] <queery> 0.o
[18:11:03] <Cantide> oh, i think i did already
[18:11:04] <Cantide> haha
[18:11:09] <Cantide> and that's why i can't see it now :p
[18:11:23] <nuvolari> the longer I stay off Unity, the less I like it :P
[18:11:37] * Cantide wonders why he doesn't get notifications for it then :/
[18:11:45] <queery> im so going to somethign else
[18:11:56] <kbmonkey> I applaud the brave souls who are sticking with Unity's teething
[18:11:56] <queery> just not sure what...
[18:11:58] * Cantide stops rambling so that conversation may proceed
[18:12:08] <Kilos> no man nuvolari you fast learners should be able to handle the quirks
[18:12:10] <nuvolari> queery: xfce?
[18:12:24] <queery> dalk r gnome
[18:12:24] <superfly> Anyways... apparently KDE 4.10 is teh awesomesauce, but I haven't upgraded yet -- waiting for the beta
[18:12:37] <nuvolari> Kilos: it's nice eyecandy, but it gets in the way of productivity for me
[18:12:40] <kbmonkey> is +1 Raring Ringtail?
[18:12:46] <superfly> kbmonkey: indeed
[18:12:48] <queery> kde reminds me of windows to much
[18:12:59] <superfly> queery: it is so not windows
[18:13:04] <Kilos> wow
[18:13:14] <Kilos> queery, get stronger glasses
[18:13:18] <HawkiesZA> I thought kde was first...
[18:13:25] <kbmonkey> hand in your geek badge, please.
[18:13:26] <queery> it used to be the cross over platform
[18:13:35] <HawkiesZA> Not that I like it, but anyway....
[18:13:38] <superfly> queery: you can make KDE look and work like Unity if you want :-P
[18:13:44] <nuvolari> who are you talking to kbmonkey ? :P
[18:13:49] <queery> nooooooooo
[18:14:01] <queery> me nuvolari
[18:14:08] <nuvolari> oh lol :P
[18:14:18] <kbmonkey> just kidding ;P
[18:14:22] <queery> ok ill look into it
[18:14:25] <nuvolari> Maybe I should try out KDE again some time
[18:14:34] <queery> havnt seen kde in 5 years
[18:14:40] <Kilos> its lekker nuvolari
[18:14:45] <nuvolari> it's just all the dependencies that makes me ill
[18:14:53] <kbmonkey> here are links to Raring Ringtails release schedule, common problems, and other links: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2073477
[18:15:00] <nuvolari> well, from what I can last remember
[18:15:35] <nuvolari> should we discuss the global jam here or under events?
[18:15:46] <superfly> nuvolari: like Gnome/XFCE/LXDE/etc don't have dependencies?
[18:16:08] <kbmonkey> under events nuvolari
[18:16:26] <nuvolari> superfly: not that they don't have dependencies, but the base install is smaller
[18:16:49] <queery> are we still on topic
[18:16:51] <superfly> nuvolari: how sure are you of that? have you tried installing Gnome on Kubuntu?
[18:16:53] <queery> Maaz_, topic
[18:16:53] <Maaz> queery: What?
[18:17:21] <queery> Maaz_, current topic
[18:17:21] <Maaz> queery: Sorry...
[18:17:22] <kbmonkey> we are on Ubuntu+1
[18:17:27] <queery> oh
[18:17:27] <inetpro> lol
[18:17:32] <nuvolari> superfly: nope, but taking iso size as a measurement
[18:17:39] <Cantide> running out of time :/
[18:17:44] <kbmonkey> I can't add anything else for this
[18:17:50] <nuvolari> ok, moving on
[18:17:59] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Events
[18:17:59] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:18:13] <Cantide> it looks like they're focusing on the Dash for 13.04; are they?
[18:18:17] <Cantide> oh :/
[18:18:20] * Cantide is too slow
[18:18:22] <nuvolari> tumbleweed: the floor is open
[18:18:25] <queery> who wants to do an ubunu hour in jhb?
[18:18:51] <HawkiesZA> As in who wants to join? Or who wants to organise?
[18:18:58] <queery> either
[18:19:09] <HawkiesZA> Well I'm always down for a good cup of coffee
[18:19:12] <queery> i don't mind org but only if someone comes
[18:19:14] <nuvolari> we had a productive meeting in durbs
[18:19:21] <HawkiesZA> Added bonus, I might have Ubuntu Phone installed
[18:19:24] <nuvolari> and we'll have a hangout this Thursday
[18:19:35] <queery> ooooeooeoeeeee
[18:19:54] <HawkiesZA> Images are releasing this week, so guess who's flashing his GNexus? :D
[18:19:55] <queery> who?
[18:20:07] <nuvolari> anyone saw the video from Richard Stallman on Ubuntu phone?
[18:20:11] <nuvolari> I think it was a video
[18:20:17] <HawkiesZA> nuvolari, link?
[18:20:27] <HawkiesZA> He probably went insane
[18:20:27] <nuvolari> HawkiesZA: looking for it
[18:20:31] <superfly> nuvolari: it wouldn't be a video, cause otherwise it might be encoded in non-free formats!
[18:20:32] <nuvolari> I think Vince-0 shared it
[18:20:43] <nuvolari> lol superfly
[18:20:46] <nuvolari> true
[18:20:50] <HawkiesZA> Probably called it the devil or something
[18:21:06] <Vince-0> yes indeed from Alan Pope
[18:21:18] <SmilyBorg> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CP8CNp-vksc
[18:21:40] <Vince-0> I think it was a Muktware interview
[18:21:50] <queery> didn;t he step down?
[18:21:57] <queery> oh alan pope
[18:22:25] <nuvolari> thanks SmilyBorg
[18:22:30] <SmilyBorg> np
[18:22:43] <superfly> anyway, tumbleweed said he was keen to organise a global jam
[18:22:45] <superfly> in cape town
[18:23:03] <superfly> I'm keen to go (maybe help out)
[18:23:06] * queery gets his bass...
[18:23:12] <nuvolari> info on the UbuntuGlobalJam - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-za/2013-February/010201.html
[18:23:16] <kbmonkey> car is out of service for a while, I can't meet for a week or 2
[18:24:06] <nuvolari> did any other events take place in the last month?
[18:24:35] <queery> nothing ubuntu related this side
[18:24:37] <Cantide> i have yet to attend a meet up in Durban, but i am still keen '-';
[18:24:40] <nuvolari> It seems that when the other areas become quiet, durbs pick up activity :D
[18:24:55] <queery> hehe
[18:25:04] <Cantide> :)
[18:25:18] <nuvolari> ok if we move on?
[18:25:28] <Kilos> ya
[18:25:41] <queery> wait
[18:25:43] <nuvolari> Any last topic that someone wants to add?
[18:25:43] * superfly needs to get kids to bed as of 25 minutes ago
[18:25:53] <superfly> meetings need to be 30 minutes?
[18:25:55] <queery> we need more ubuntu hours. esp in CT
[18:26:15] <superfly> I tried organising one, but no one even piped up to say, "hey, I'm interested"
[18:26:36] <queery> ai
[18:26:37] <inetpro> lol
[18:26:38] <Kilos> we need to revive maia
[18:26:38] <nuvolari> well, 30 minutes is a bit too short IMO
[18:27:01] <Cantide> we just spent 1 hour, and it hasn't been enough
[18:27:29] <nuvolari> Cantide: we struggled to fill an hour in the past :P
[18:27:31] <kbmonkey> I think 30 minutes is good. to get through the administrativia. the second half should be casual hangout time
[18:27:31] <queery> get her a VitB injection
[18:27:34] <nuvolari> not a problem these days
[18:27:58] <kbmonkey> it may help to use an egg timer ;)
[18:28:12] <nuvolari> pomodoro, or something like that
[18:28:27] <queery> ok ill org another Ubuntu hour in JHB
[18:28:35] <queery> HawkiesZA, need your help
[18:28:39] <nuvolari> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
[18:28:44] <HawkiesZA> With?
[18:29:01] <HawkiesZA> nuvolari, make maaz do that :D
[18:29:31] <nuvolari> heh, not my expertise
[18:29:44] <nuvolari> ok, rounding up
[18:29:44] <inetpro> nuvolari: interesting concept
[18:29:49] <kbmonkey> hey I like that nuvolari, good find.
[18:29:49] <queery> getting more peeps
[18:30:14] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting
[18:30:14] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[18:30:33] <queery> nuvolari!
[18:30:36] <Kilos> SmilyBorg, when you gonna bring your lug peeps here?
[18:30:36] <HawkiesZA> queery, Can do my best. I think once it is up, we'll chat about it in LTG. We should also post an invite on the H4H board.
[18:31:05] <queery> yes
[18:31:10] <queery> sounds gr8
[18:31:12] <nuvolari> we should do an inter-lug meeting :P
[18:31:15] <SmilyBorg> Kilos: most of the more dedicated ones are already here
[18:31:26] <inetpro> I think at some point we need more peeps to stand in as chair but I go with nuvolari for now
[18:31:28] <nuvolari> ok, yeah, I'm available for chairing on the 21st of March
[18:31:48] <Kilos> nuvolari, ++
[18:31:56] <Squirm> lo
[18:31:59] <SmilyBorg> ie nuvolari, kbmonkey and Vince-0
[18:32:00] <Kilos> you getting good nuvolari
[18:32:03] * nuvolari smacks Squirm
[18:32:06] <nuvolari> you're late!
[18:32:18] <inetpro> nuvolari: he can still sign in
[18:32:19] <nuvolari> :> heh, thanks oom Kilos
[18:32:20] <kbmonkey> how about it nuvolari? I can alternate with you if you like?
[18:32:31] <nuvolari> Squirm: you can sign for attendance
[18:32:53] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: I have no issue with that
[18:33:12] <inetpro> ok, who do I put up as the chair for next meeting?
[18:33:23] <kbmonkey> cool. then put me down for standby :)
[18:33:25] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: are you good for the next one?
[18:33:26] <inetpro> BTW, I think everyone should try to spend some time on agenda items before the meeting
[18:33:32] <kbmonkey> sure, I'll take it!
[18:33:37] <nuvolari> ok cool
[18:33:43] <nuvolari> inetpro: kbmonkey for next chair
[18:33:50] <inetpro> ok
[18:33:59] <nuvolari> I'll be around for support
[18:34:12] <inetpro> I'll try to get the next agenda up in a few minutes
[18:34:34] <kbmonkey> thanks inet
[18:34:43] <kbmonkey> Maaz_, agreed kbmonkey to chair next meeting
[18:34:43] <Maaz> Agreed: kbmonkey to chair next meeting
[18:34:44] <nuvolari> Maaz_: agreed kbmonkey as chair for meeting on the 21st of March
[18:34:44] <Maaz> Agreed: kbmonkey as chair for meeting on the 21st of March
[18:34:51] <kbmonkey> oh snap
[18:34:52] <nuvolari> eek
[18:34:55] <nuvolari> lol
[18:35:00] <Squirm> Maaz_: I am Sinjin Swanepoel
[18:35:00] <Maaz> Squirm: Sure
[18:35:01] <kbmonkey> sorry
[18:35:14] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic closing
[18:35:14] <Maaz> Current Topic: closing
[18:35:23] <queery> thanx all
[18:35:29] <nuvolari> Good, thanks for attending everyone
[18:35:30] <Squirm> nuvolari: soz, was at a motivational speech thing
[18:35:37] <Kilos> thanks nuvolari and all attendees
[18:35:41] <nuvolari> it was a productive meeting I think
[18:35:47] <inetpro> hmm... did I say Next meeting: Monday, 21 March 2013 at 19:30 ?
[18:35:49] <kbmonkey> so you can cheer us out on closing, Squirm :)
[18:35:54] <inetpro> looks wrong
[18:36:05] <nuvolari> caught up with some items that fell of the wagon during the month
[18:36:19] <nuvolari> inetpro: you did
[18:36:20] <kbmonkey> that seems wrong,
[18:36:22] <queery> 18 march
[18:36:25] <Kilos> 18th inetpro
[18:36:26] <Squirm> It's Thurs 21 March
[18:36:31] <inetpro> yep 18 March
[18:36:40] <nuvolari> should be 18th
[18:36:46] <Kilos> hehe
[18:36:48] <nuvolari> whoops, I just took the date for granted
[18:37:15] <nuvolari> Maaz_: agreed correction on next meeting date: 18 March 2013
[18:37:15] <Maaz> Agreed: correction on next meeting date: 18 March 2013
[18:37:15] <Kilos> not often following meets on same date
[18:37:41] <Cantide> oh~ it's also a Monday!
[18:37:46] <tumbleweed> oh, sorry my attention was elsewhere and people have been pinging me
[18:37:48] * Cantide has to run! 안녕~
[18:37:54] <kbmonkey> the 3rd Monday of each month
[18:37:58] <Kilos> toods Cantide
[18:38:22] <nuvolari> want to squeeze something in tumbleweed?
[18:38:32] <tumbleweed> nuvolari: well, global jam
[18:38:35] <inetpro> kbmonkey: are you a member of ubuntuza on launchpad?
[18:38:55] <nuvolari> Maaz_: topic GlobalJam
[18:38:55] <Maaz> Current Topic: GlobalJam
[18:39:01] <tumbleweed> sat / sunday next weekend? any preferences?
[18:39:20] <tumbleweed> I've got a few people who seemed interested, but nobody had a preferred day
[18:40:11] <kbmonkey> inetpro, I was, but I think my membership expired.
[18:40:17] <tumbleweed> also highvoltage should be there, so I expect us to have way more people who have experince with ubuntu development than normal
[18:40:27] <inetpro> tumbleweed: let's get people to respond in some way about a preferred time
[18:40:42] <inetpro> we can advertise on twitter and g+
[18:40:44] <tumbleweed> inetpro: I'll post on the list, and organise it, some time this week
[18:40:46] <kbmonkey> I was offline for a few weeks, during which I got emails notifying me of it, but saw them too late :p
[18:41:06] <inetpro> tumbleweed: just give us times as well
[18:41:22] <tumbleweed> inetpro: I'm fairly easy
[18:41:24] <Kilos> kbmonkey, renew it
[18:41:29] <kbmonkey> okay, renewed
[18:41:41] <nuvolari> ok good, up for discussion on the list?
[18:41:49] <tumbleweed> yeah
[18:42:04] <nuvolari> Maaz_: agreed organise times for GlobalJam on the mailing list
[18:42:04] <Maaz> Agreed: organise times for GlobalJam on the mailing list
[18:42:09] <tumbleweed> I also want to organise a Debian Bug Squashing Party some time soon
[18:42:18] <tumbleweed> but that'll be after global jam
[18:42:36] <inetpro> sounds very worthwhile to attend that
[18:42:44] <kbmonkey> tumbleweed, I will like to join that, see how its done
[18:42:55] <queery> http://ubuntu-za.org/news/2013/02/18/ubuntu-hour-sunday-3-march-2013
[18:43:00] <magespawn> indeed learn a lot
[18:43:14] <nuvolari> about to close off (in 2 minutes)
[18:43:38] <nuvolari> (over-run by 15 min :P)
[18:43:43] <inetpro> Maaz_: nuvolari ++ (for another good meeting)
[18:43:51] <Kilos> here hre
[18:43:55] <Kilos> here too
[18:44:13] <Kilos> ai
[18:44:18] <Kilos> hear hear
[18:44:24] <queery> sorry http://ubuntu-za.org/news/2013/02/18/ubuntu-hour-jhb-sunday-3-march-2013
[18:44:40] <magespawn> maybe ubuntu hours could also have a g+ hangout
[18:44:47] <queery> yes please
[18:45:01] <nuvolari> ending
[18:45:02] <queery> well its more pta than jhb
[18:45:08] <nuvolari> Maaz_: end meeting