Meeting about Monthly IRC Meeting

Convened at 2013-03-18 17:34:02.020942 by kbmonkey in #ubuntu-za on freenode

Minutes

[17:34:02] STARTED (kbmonkey)
[17:35:46] TOPIC: Welcoming and introduction (kbmonkey)
[17:38:13] TOPIC: Review previous minutes (kbmonkey)
[17:44:52] TOPIC: Administrativia & Announcements (kbmonkey)
[17:47:17] TOPIC: Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback (kbmonkey)
[17:51:20] TOPIC: Events (kbmonkey)
[18:04:06] AGREED: Plan Ubuntu release parties for 13.04 (kbmonkey)
[18:17:07] AGREED: Lionthinker and friends to investigate an Ogg Camp ZA event (kbmonkey)
[18:23:45] TOPIC: Elect next chair (kbmonkey)
[18:25:31] AGREED: kbmonkey to chair the meeting on 15 April 2013 (kbmonkey)
[18:26:04] TOPIC: Closing (kbmonkey)
[18:27:40] ENDED (kbmonkey)

Present

Raw Log

[17:34:02] <kbmonkey> maaz: start meeting about Monthly IRC Meeting
[17:34:02] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[17:34:10] <inetpro> Maaz: I am Gustav H Meyer
[17:34:10] <Maaz> inetpro: Done
[17:34:17] <nuvolari> Maaz: I am Johan Mynhardt
[17:34:17] <Maaz> nuvolari: Righto
[17:34:19] <Kilos> Maaz: I am Miles Sharpe
[17:34:19] <Maaz> Kilos: Alrighty
[17:34:19] <queery> Maaz, i am Dewald
[17:34:19] <Maaz> queery: Righto
[17:34:20] <not_found> Maaz, I am Neil Oosthuizen
[17:34:20] <Maaz> not_found: Alrighty
[17:34:20] <kbmonkey> Hello and welcome to another irc meet, everyone
[17:34:30] <Lionthinker> Hi guys I'm Leon Marincowitz
[17:34:30] <nlsthzn> Maaz: I am not here
[17:34:30] <Maaz> nlsthzn: Alrighty
[17:34:36] <magespawn> Maaz I am Greg Eames
[17:34:36] <Maaz> magespawn: Okay
[17:34:37] <nuvolari> thanks kbmonkey
[17:34:39] <nuvolari> lol nlsthzn
[17:34:40] <kbmonkey> If you are new, please tell MAAZ who you are
[17:34:45] <kbmonkey> Maaz I am Wesley Werner
[17:34:45] <Maaz> kbmonkey: Alrighty
[17:34:47] <deegee_1> Maaz: I am Oupa Mokhine
[17:34:47] <Maaz> deegee_1: Righto
[17:34:48] <HawkiesZA> Maaz I am Gerrit Vermeulen
[17:34:48] <Maaz> HawkiesZA: Righto
[17:34:51] <Kilos> Lionthinker: you gotta tell maaz
[17:35:01] <Kilos> hi HawkiesZA
[17:35:02] <queery> hi HawkiesZA
[17:35:02] <Lionthinker> Hi I'm Leon Marincowitz
[17:35:04] <HawkiesZA> Hi folks, sorry I'm late
[17:35:09]
[17:35:15] <nuvolari> er
[17:35:16] <not_found> hi all
[17:35:18] <magespawn> just starting
[17:35:19] <nuvolari> we scared him off
[17:35:21] <inetpro> HawkiesZA: we just started
[17:35:22] <Kilos> uh oh
[17:35:28] <kbmonkey> My name is Wesley, and I am your chair for tonight :)
[17:35:30] <HawkiesZA> Howdy kilos, hi queery
[17:35:36]
[17:35:43] <nuvolari> welcome back leonmarincowitz_
[17:35:46] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Welcoming and introduction
[17:35:46] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and introduction
[17:35:47] <nuvolari> where did you go? :P
[17:35:49] <Lionthinker> Hi guys
[17:35:53] <Lionthinker> not sure
[17:35:56] <HawkiesZA> We're doing our LTG planning at the same time...
[17:35:58] <Kilos> Lionthinker: type maaz I am Full name
[17:36:10] <nuvolari> Lionthinker: "maaz: I am <namehere>"
[17:36:11] <Lionthinker> Hi Maaz I am Leon Marincowitz
[17:36:16] <nuvolari> without hi
[17:36:18] <nuvolari> :P
[17:36:21] <Kilos> the bot will add you to attendees
[17:36:37] <Lionthinker> Maaz, I am Leon Marincowitz
[17:36:37] <Maaz> Lionthinker: Okay
[17:36:42] <Kilos> cool
[17:36:47] <queery> our Maaz only knows you are talking to him if you say his name first
[17:36:47] <kbmonkey> yey
[17:36:50] <Lionthinker> #very technical
[17:37:02] <queery> he has ADD
[17:37:10] <kbmonkey> The agenda for today's meeting is at http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-za/542/detail/
[17:37:11] <nuvolari> heh
[17:37:56] <Lionthinker> it is
[17:38:02] <kbmonkey> okay, let's get onto the first item
[17:38:13] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Review previous minutes
[17:38:13] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review previous minutes
[17:38:14] <Lionthinker> I did have an issue trying to add an item
[17:38:39] <kbmonkey> Last meets minutes can be seen at http://maaz.mene.za.net/logs/meetings/freenode-%23ubuntu-za/2013-02-18-17-30-02.html
[17:38:43] <Kilos> Lionthinker: didnt you read Gustavs mail to you about that?
[17:39:20] <Lionthinker> Kilos, yip, just hedging my piece for future events
[17:39:30] <kbmonkey> nuvolari, how did the administer google+ about page with relevant links go?
[17:39:30] <Kilos> lol
[17:40:02] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: went well, we have more info on the google+ profile page
[17:40:02] <inetpro> kbmonkey: that was done even during the meeting
[17:40:05] <nuvolari> me finds it
[17:40:26] <inetpro> or just after
[17:40:28] <kbmonkey> thanks nuvo :)
[17:40:39] <nuvolari> https://plus.google.com/u/0/112877206374340387802/about
[17:40:50]
[17:40:54] <nuvolari> looks good with the new profiles
[17:41:00] <nuvolari> welcome theblazehen
[17:41:12] <kbmonkey> cool, you folks with G+ go check it out
[17:41:12] <Kilos> tell maaz who you are
[17:41:12] <theblazehen> Sorry i'm late
[17:41:12] <Kilos> hi theblazehen
[17:41:13] <theblazehen> Maaz I am Jeandre Henderson
[17:41:13] <Maaz> theblazehen: Alrighty
[17:41:18] <kbmonkey> welcome theblazehen, you made it in time
[17:41:24] <Lionthinker> It does look good
[17:41:28] <theblazehen> thanks. for what?
[17:41:49] <nuvolari> hmm, our logo is chopped off
[17:41:55] <Kilos> the meeting dodo
[17:41:55] <nuvolari> it needs to be centered
[17:41:56] <not_found> time for new logo ;)
[17:42:08] <theblazehen> meeting dodo?
[17:42:16] <Vince-0> Maaz I am Vincent Swart
[17:42:16] <Maaz> Vince-0: Okay
[17:42:23] <Kilos> its our monthly meeting
[17:42:23] <Vince-0> whoot
[17:42:28] <kbmonkey> the next item on the last minutes is the Global Jam. It happened the 1-3 March. Anyone here who went to one who has a link to share?
[17:42:28] <inetpro> nuvolari: hmm... I just noticed
[17:42:33] <Kilos> wb Vince-0
[17:42:36] <theblazehen> i know. why is it a dodo?
[17:42:43] <not_found> maya blogged about it
[17:42:54] <not_found> maia*
[17:42:55] <Kilos> ai!
[17:42:58] <theblazehen> ok. Will check later
[17:42:58] <Lionthinker> not_found, all in the cape
[17:43:02] <kbmonkey> ah thanks not_found, I will check that
[17:43:26] <Kilos> theblazehen: teasing you, you the dodo
[17:43:37] <theblazehen> ok:(
[17:43:43] <Kilos> told you yesterday tonight is the meeting
[17:43:44] <not_found> http://my-ubuntu-day.blogspot.ae/2013/03/cape-town-global-jam-raring.html
[17:43:58] <kbmonkey> thanks not_found :)
[17:44:01] <theblazehen> I know. Internet went out. Tethering with a phone atm.
[17:44:09] * not_found will be putting it into the report soon :p
[17:44:14] <Kilos> aw that sucks
[17:44:27] <kbmonkey> That is all of last minutes, it looks like.
[17:44:29] <theblazehen> Yea
[17:44:52] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Administrativia & Announcements
[17:44:52] <Maaz> Current Topic: Administrativia & Announcements
[17:45:25] <kbmonkey> So... I don't have any announcements. Does anyone else want to announce something?
[17:45:43] <not_found> erm
[17:46:00] <kbmonkey> oh, the http://ubuntu-za.org site looks good now. I see the events dates are fixed
[17:46:27] <not_found> +1 nice
[17:46:30] <Lionthinker> other than Samsung updated my phone with very Ubuntu phone like apps, - no
[17:46:38] <kbmonkey> lol, okay :]
[17:46:57] <theblazehen> Lionthinker: ubuntu like apps?
[17:47:01] <not_found> 13.04 in about a month...
[17:47:13] <kbmonkey> ah yes, that is our next topic...
[17:47:17] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback
[17:47:17] <Maaz> Current Topic: Ubuntu+1 development status and community feedback
[17:47:23] <Lionthinker> theblazehen, they installed a left launcher like thing
[17:47:32] <not_found> split screen
[17:47:39] <not_found> run two apps at once
[17:47:40] <theblazehen> I noticed.
[17:47:43] <kbmonkey> has anyone given the soon-to-be new Ubuntu a whirl?
[17:47:50] * not_found did...
[17:47:52] <Lionthinker> not_found, yah a split screen thing but its pure ubuntu
[17:47:52] <HawkiesZA> Yep, split screen. Taken from the Note
[17:47:55] <not_found> for a very short while
[17:48:21] <kbmonkey> that the same as the video of the Ubuntu for tablets?
[17:48:38] <not_found> I suspect it will be worth the upgrade to 13.04 if Unity 7 is as fast and cool as the devs claim
[17:48:58] <inetpro> what happened with the rolling release debate?
[17:49:10] <inetpro> or is it still ongoing?
[17:49:11] <Lionthinker> inetpro, still going to technical committee
[17:49:12] <kbmonkey> there was a debate? ;P
[17:49:15] <not_found> still under discussion... AFAIK
[17:49:19] <inetpro> ahh
[17:49:29] <Lionthinker> Shuttleworth weighed in -said its not a good idea
[17:49:34] <not_found> there will be a blog about it two months after it has been implemented
[17:49:44] <theblazehen> Lionthinker: why would it not be a good idea?
[17:49:47] <Lionthinker> should be clarity by months end
[17:50:00] <not_found> Marks last blog post is a good read
[17:50:27] <not_found> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1246
[17:50:35] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, it was about on the day of raring's release it will be old code compared to the tablet and phone
[17:50:59] <Vince-0> It seems that Mark suggests something inbetween a rolling release and LTS release models
[17:51:03] * not_found wonders about release parties in ZA?!
[17:51:17] <kbmonkey> okay wee getting off topic, so...
[17:51:20] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Events
[17:51:20] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[17:51:26] <not_found> lol
[17:51:36] <nuvolari> inetpro: based on http://design.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-ubuntu_cof-orange-hex-140x140.png http://design.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-ubuntu_cof-black-hex-140x140.png or http://design.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-ubuntu_cof-white_orange-hex-140x140.png ?
[17:51:37] <not_found> sorry for bulldozing ahead kbmonkey
[17:51:49] <kbmonkey> I bet there are some people who would want to have release parties. Keen? :]
[17:51:50] <Cantide> Maaz, i am Karl Wortmann
[17:51:50] <Maaz> Cantide: Righto
[17:51:52] <Cantide> o.o
[17:51:58] <queery> can we start with previous events
[17:52:06] <kbmonkey> sure queery
[17:52:08] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: we'll probably have one?
[17:52:12] <Lionthinker> theblazehen, They trying to make one image for all hardware, so the desktop with compiz etc is not using qml etc, so its old on release
[17:52:17] <kbmonkey> nuvolari: yes!
[17:52:36] <theblazehen> Lionthinker: Thanks :)
[17:52:36] <queery> well ubuntu hour in Centurion went well, also chatted about the Global Jam
[17:52:57] * not_found wonders if the event can be a virtual one like UDS then he can also attend :p
[17:53:07] <Lionthinker> theblazehen, pleasure
[17:53:20] <theblazehen> not_found: surely someone can set up skype over 3g?
[17:53:33] <inetpro> queery: when did you have it?
[17:53:35] <Lionthinker> not_found, but then lionthinker will wonder who all the faces behind names are
[17:53:44] <kbmonkey> Thanks for the feedback queery
[17:53:53] <not_found> ... then again that defeats the point of a loco being loco I guess :)
[17:53:57] <not_found> *local
[17:54:01] <queery> its the first post on the site
[17:54:07] <queery> http://ubuntu-za.org/
[17:54:14]
[17:54:14] <queery> hehe
[17:54:20] <kbmonkey> not_found of course, it will be fun to be on irc while at our loco parties
[17:54:22] <queery> 3 March
[17:54:34] <kbmonkey> and G+ hangouts seem popular
[17:54:46] <not_found> Get in the Canonical spirit and use hangouts :)
[17:55:03] <inetpro> queery: ahh, do you have photos?
[17:55:10] <queery> G+ helped with spreading word for the UH
[17:55:19] <queery> I forgot to take some
[17:55:22] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, agreed,
[17:55:25] <Kilos> ai!
[17:55:36] <not_found> no photos so it didn't happen :(
[17:55:42] <inetpro> queery: how many people attended?
[17:55:43] <queery> haha
[17:55:58] <queery> 7 including me
[17:56:19] <queery> would have been more but some people could not spot us
[17:56:32] <queery> I spoke to Maia to fix that issue
[17:56:37] <not_found> need more banner
[17:56:38] <inetpro> queery: perhaps you can blog about it so not_found can include a link in the report
[17:56:51] <not_found> would be nice if possible :)
[17:56:59] <queery> I think Maia is blogging it
[17:57:10] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[17:57:10] <Maaz> superfly: Yessir
[17:57:18] <not_found> nope nothing on her blog
[17:57:35] <superfly> hrm, I also need to upload photos from the global jam
[17:57:36] <queery> ok will try get something out. I don't have an ubuntu blog yet
[17:57:39] <not_found> oh wait
[17:57:45]
[17:57:46] <not_found> the bug jam was the global jam yes>?
[17:57:51] <superfly> HawkiesZA: hi! ;-)
[17:57:57] <kbmonkey> nuvolari for which dates should we set our release party?
[17:58:13] <queery> HawkiesZA, was also at the UH
[17:58:32] <kbmonkey> my calcurse says the 1st is a monday, we can do it that last weekend?
[17:58:39] <not_found> queery, oh you are talking about an UH of the 3rd
[17:58:46] <queery> yes
[17:58:58] <HawkiesZA> I was!
[17:59:10] <HawkiesZA> Hi superfly!
[17:59:25] <not_found> queery, nothing on maia's blog about it sorry... if you want to send me the info I can pop it on my blog and link it also...
[17:59:41] <queery> cool will do
[17:59:44] <Kilos> tumbleweed: you not here?
[17:59:46] <kbmonkey> hello superfly. some pics from the GJ would be great
[18:00:45] * Cantide wants to attend something ._.
[18:00:58] <superfly> Cantide: where are you based again?
[18:01:00] <kbmonkey> where are you based Cantide?
[18:01:09] <Cantide> Durban
[18:01:11] <Cantide> ,_,v
[18:01:18] <tumbleweed> Kilos: hi, just got home
[18:01:21] <kbmonkey> come join myself and nuvolari Cantide :]
[18:01:28] <Cantide> "]
[18:01:30] <Kilos> ah
[18:01:35] <kbmonkey> I am in Umhlanga and nuvolari in Ballito
[18:01:39] <Lionthinker> I wish I was at the sea now
[18:02:14] <Vince-0> me2 me2
[18:02:24] * not_found starts to shake... tea run real quick...
[18:02:25] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: dunno, we should probably schedule via the mailing list
[18:02:25] <superfly> kbmonkey, nuvolari: Wanna organise something when I'm up there in May/June?
[18:02:27] <kbmonkey> yes and Vince-0 too
[18:02:37] <nuvolari> superfly: definitely!
[18:02:38] <kbmonkey> :]
[18:02:54] <nuvolari> inter-loco
[18:02:59] <nuvolari> :P
[18:03:08] <kbmonkey> The modus operandi is to organize on the mailing list.
[18:03:09] <superfly> interloco? we're one loco
[18:03:25] <nuvolari> inter-regional loco :P
[18:03:31] <kbmonkey> we can have a quick irc meet next week to just discuss any release party things
[18:03:31] <Cantide> May / June might be perfect for me
[18:03:33] <magespawn> intra
[18:03:40] * not_found needs to remove people from the loco to the automatic gmail spam list... been meaning to do that for six months now
[18:03:49] <Lionthinker> Email is always best
[18:04:06] <kbmonkey> Maaz agreed Plan Ubuntu release parties for 13.04
[18:04:06] <Maaz> Agreed: Plan Ubuntu release parties for 13.04
[18:04:12] <kbmonkey> for the records
[18:04:23] <queery> oh right
[18:04:55]
[18:05:11] <queery> hi Tonberry_
[18:05:11] <kbmonkey> seems like everyone is keen for this party thing. cake and waffles required.
[18:05:30] <queery> Yes we need a Cake this time
[18:05:32] <not_found> om nom nom
[18:05:51] <Cantide> thecakeisnotalie
[18:06:03] <Lionthinker> not_found, doing the baking!
[18:06:14] <Kilos> long cake that will be
[18:06:20] <not_found> the cake is a lie
[18:06:22] <kbmonkey> the Ubuntu logo is a good shape for a cake
[18:06:26] <Kilos> from ahab land to here
[18:06:31] <not_found> airmail
[18:06:55] <inetpro> do we still expect a rc release before the final release of 13.04?
[18:06:59] <Lionthinker> not_found, where you based?
[18:07:02] <kbmonkey> Does anyone want to add something about more events?
[18:07:05] * inetpro checks at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule
[18:07:10] <Lionthinker> yes I do
[18:07:15] <superfly> inetpro: I dont think so
[18:07:20] <kbmonkey> ah thanks inetpro, I was looking for that
[18:07:23] <not_found> Lionthinker, currently the UAE...
[18:07:29] * superfly has little hands "aiding" his typing
[18:07:34] <Lionthinker> not_found, very long cake that
[18:07:40] <Kilos> hehe
[18:07:44] <not_found> :)
[18:07:52] <Lionthinker> maybe spirit of the cake is better
[18:07:56] <inetpro> superfly: yep, doesn't look so
[18:08:21] <superfly> so far, not so good
[18:08:24] <inetpro> just another final beta release
[18:08:27] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, so when do I get to go
[18:08:35] <kbmonkey> Lionthinker, go ahead :)
[18:08:45] * kbmonkey hands the mic to Lionthinker
[18:08:49] <inetpro> final release is on 25 April
[18:08:49] <queery> watch the google plus place
[18:08:50] <Lionthinker> okay guys, I have an idea...
[18:09:08] <superfly> Firefox crashed whenever there is Flash content, and Thunderbird and Firefox just hang from time to time (well, they don't hang, but the GUI no longer works)
[18:09:23] <Lionthinker> after listening to linux podcasts and being part of the Ubuntu news team I've been exposed to quite a bit floss stuff
[18:09:23] <superfly> so far not so good with this release
[18:09:27] <inetpro> superfly: that on beta1?
[18:09:35] <superfly> inetpro: whatever is current
[18:09:41] <superfly> I upgraded before the beta
[18:09:57] <inetpro> beta1 was released last week
[18:10:06] <Lionthinker> now I release there's open source lists in sa, also a firefox loco of sorts, and of course with all the house for hack stuff going on
[18:10:24] <Lionthinker> I thought why not host an Ogg Za camp here in GP
[18:10:42] <superfly> Lionthinker: Ogg ZA camp?
[18:10:43] <Lionthinker> I think there's more than enough Floss activities and people to make a successful event
[18:10:53] * superfly knows what ogg is
[18:11:01] <Lionthinker> superfly, yah Ogg ZA I think it has a ring
[18:11:02] <kbmonkey> Nice thinking, Lionthinker.
[18:11:03] <Lionthinker> to it
[18:11:06] <superfly> but not an ogg camp
[18:11:08] <not_found> oggs are like mp3's but more stalman
[18:11:21] <Lionthinker> And since I first belong to Ubuntu loco I thought to bounce the idea of you guys
[18:11:24] <superfly> not_found: and better quality
[18:11:34] <magespawn> what is an ogg camp?
[18:11:34] <kbmonkey> Lionthinker: can you give us some links to these podcasts you like?
[18:11:41] <not_found> superfly, my mp3 players don't think so >.<
[18:11:53] <queery> On the mailing list please
[18:11:55] <superfly> not_found: my S3 is perfectly happy with them
[18:12:01] <HawkiesZA> Ogg camp? What's wrong with FLAC?
[18:12:03] <queery> can we please get back to the topic
[18:12:06] <not_found> oh cool.. I haven't even tried...
[18:12:09] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, not off the cuff, but ubuntu uk podcast guys host a Ogg Camp annually
[18:12:21] * not_found doesn't even know what the topic is to be honest
[18:12:27] <queery> Events
[18:12:29] <superfly> it's too big for our precious bandwidth :-P
[18:12:32] <superfly> HawkiesZA: ^^
[18:12:36] <Cantide> can we do an ogg and spoon race?
[18:12:38] * Cantide hides
[18:12:43] <HawkiesZA> Pshhhhh
[18:12:48] <Lionthinker> every year people interested in Floss get together share ideas, new projects, have guest speakers, presentations on info etc
[18:13:13] <queery> sounds great, how about in Spring
[18:13:13] <theblazehen> Cantide: where you balance an mp3 player on a spoon?
[18:13:16] <not_found> ah ok, but why call it ogg?
[18:13:25] <Lionthinker> Cantide, not tied to the name of Ogg camp, but it is the name for open source get together across the world.
[18:13:27] <queery> make it an actual Camp
[18:13:48] <not_found> go bigger and make an expo
[18:13:58] <queery> no money for an eexpo
[18:14:03] <Lionthinker> queery, camp as in it goes over a couple of days maybe but not actually kumbaya stuff
[18:14:07] <superfly> queery: no thanks, I don't wanna be woken up at 6am by rollcall - I have children who do that for me already
[18:14:12] <Lionthinker> its more a conference of sorts
[18:14:18] <kbmonkey> the oggcamp.org site is under construction, but this article shows some detail: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/oggcamp-explored-inside-the-open-source-event-1113952
[18:14:26] <not_found> linuxcon SA
[18:14:27] <magespawn> maybe suggest it on the list
[18:14:30] <Cantide> thanks, kbmonkey
[18:14:31] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, thanks
[18:14:38] <queery> good way to get away form the kids superfly
[18:14:49] <queery> no kumbaya
[18:14:53] <superfly> queery: mrs_fly won't be too happy about that
[18:15:05] <queery> hehe
[18:15:10] <Lionthinker> not_found, not sure about linux sa but the idea is to get people together, as a focal point to share interests and projects
[18:15:19] <magespawn> http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/oggcamp-explored-inside-the-open-source-event-1113952 some more info
[18:15:24] <Lionthinker> enough of which exist in SA for it to be a success
[18:15:28] <kbmonkey> thanks magespawn
[18:15:36] <Lionthinker> magespawn, thanks
[18:15:38] <queery> ok Lionthinker how about you take this on as a project, I am willing to help with logistics
[18:15:49] <theblazehen> Lionthinker: FOSScon ZA ?
[18:15:54] <kbmonkey> what do you say Lionthinker, are you keen to check it out?
[18:16:02] <Lionthinker> queery, thanks, I'm willing but would like loco buy in
[18:16:07] <Lionthinker> already have a venue in mind
[18:16:21] <queery> it will be a Loco thing, that's why im there
[18:16:22] <not_found> good idea Lionthinker ... now to nice part about FLOSS ... scratch your itch :p
[18:16:26] <HawkiesZA> Doesn't Ogg camp kinda tie in with SFD?
[18:16:26] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, very keen to get something started
[18:16:48] <Lionthinker> HawkiesZA, not sure whats SFD
[18:16:53] <queery> Maaz, google Software freedom day 2013
[18:16:53] <Maaz> queery: "Software Freedom Day - SFD Home" http://softwarefreedomday.org/ :: "Software Freedom Day - SFD Planet" http://softwarefreedomday.org/en/community/sfd-planet :: "Events - Free Software Foundation Europe" http://fsfe.org/events/events.en.html :: "Software Freedom Day 2013 - Dallas Makerspace" https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2013 :: "Software Freedom Day Philippines" http://sfd.ph/ :: "Software Freedom Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day :: "Software Freedom Day in Cambridge, September 15th — Free ..." http://www.fsf.org/events/software-freedom-day-in-cambridge-september-15th :: "Registration Open for Software Freedom Day | FreeGeek Chicago" http://freegeekchicago.org/news/2012/08/registration-open-for-software-freedom-day
[18:16:57] <HawkiesZA> Software freedom day
[18:17:04] <inetpro> maybe a tie in with SFD will be good
[18:17:07] <kbmonkey> Maaz agreed Lionthinker and friends to investigate an Ogg Camp ZA event
[18:17:07] <Maaz> Agreed: Lionthinker and friends to investigate an Ogg Camp ZA event
[18:17:09] <magespawn> might be a good idea tojoin/link/combine the two
[18:17:09] <nuvolari> inetpro: I'm not a graphic artist: but I gave it a try: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bkczf3o8gUE/UUdZrBhnT8I/AAAAAAAAQrE/_a2GXcC4Bok/s613/googleplus.png
[18:17:16] <queery> I like that Idea
[18:17:20] <queery> Maaz, SFD
[18:17:20] <Maaz> Software freedom day
[18:17:26] <queery> no date
[18:17:42] <Lionthinker> queery, spring sometime, most probably September
[18:17:59] <HawkiesZA> August/September
[18:18:08] <Lionthinker> perhaps proudly SA heritage day, but thats a detail to be worked out
[18:18:11] <queery> 216 days left until SFD 2013
[18:18:25] <Cantide> oh, that time suits me well :)
[18:18:32] <queery> can Maaz do such a calculation
[18:18:35] <Lionthinker> nuvolari, nice logo
[18:18:49] <kbmonkey> Good feedback we are getting tonight
[18:18:56] <inetpro> SFD happens on 21 September
[18:19:01] <queery> ok cool
[18:19:01] <Lionthinker> there are also tons of SA guys doing amazing stuff on the internet that we can get together
[18:19:22] <nuvolari> Lionthinker: heh, thanks :P not much creativity went into that
[18:19:35] <not_found> nuvolari, cool
[18:19:36] <kbmonkey> thanks for your idea Lionthinker :)
[18:19:45] <queery> ok moving on
[18:19:47] <magespawn> but get the basics acros well nuvolari
[18:19:47] <kbmonkey> anybody else want to add any event info before we move on?
[18:19:47] <queery> ?
[18:20:02] <Lionthinker> so in terms of going forward, could I get contacts from those interested, or do I just move this to the email list
[18:20:19] <Vince-0> upcoming event: DBNLUG G+ hangout this Thursday
[18:20:20] <Lionthinker> kbmonkey, pleasure
[18:20:23] * Cantide is interested, depending on venue
[18:20:42] <kbmonkey> Lionthinker, email the list with you ideas, that is the simplest and most effective.
[18:20:43] <Lionthinker> Cantide, most probably GP area - good for you?
[18:20:45] <not_found> mailing list best bet to get wider audience I suspect
[18:20:46] <magespawn> Lionthinker: put in the lists
[18:20:50] <inetpro> Lionthinker: keep talking about it on both here and on email
[18:21:03] <Lionthinker> okay,will do
[18:21:04] <Cantide> not good, but in September that might not be such an issue
[18:21:05] <kbmonkey> ah thanks Vince-0, the DBNLug G+ hangout is thursday
[18:21:23] <not_found> Cantide, open to anyone to join in ?
[18:21:23] <Vince-0> Lionthinker, need some sponsers and actual events that will provide substance like hacker classes, presentations etc
[18:21:37] <Cantide> not_found, ?
[18:21:40] <queery> ok we have 10 min
[18:21:42] <Lionthinker> Vince-0, now thats more in what I was thinking
[18:21:44] <kbmonkey> The link for that hangout is...
[18:21:52] <kbmonkey> sorry net is slow
[18:21:52] <not_found> sorry Cantide wrong nick >.<
[18:21:56] <Lionthinker> Vince-0, go big or go home!
[18:22:00] <Cantide> np ^^;;
[18:22:02] <inetpro> wow, time flies
[18:22:09] <not_found> Vince-0, open to anyone to attend and/or just listen in?
[18:22:33] <Lionthinker> Vince-0, full on coding classes for those that want, interesting talks on internet in SA, guest speakers and general sharing of projects
[18:23:00] <Vince-0> not_found, it will be open - no hangout link yet
[18:23:08] <kbmonkey> Vince-0 I don't see a G+ event for the hangout, will you email one to the list when it exists for us? :)
[18:23:11] <not_found> k cool thanks...
[18:23:16] <kbmonkey> ah, snap
[18:23:25] <kbmonkey> okay moving on
[18:23:28] <Vince-0> kbmonkey, will do tomorrow
[18:23:40] <kbmonkey> thanks vince
[18:23:45] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Elect next chair
[18:23:45] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect next chair
[18:23:59] <kbmonkey> who will be the lucky soul next month? :D
[18:24:07] <Kilos> either of you two
[18:24:19] <Kilos> you both do a good job
[18:24:21] <kbmonkey> Both me an nuvolari are keen. I'll vote myself.
[18:24:36] * nuvolari votes kbmonkey
[18:24:42] <kbmonkey> Is there anyone here who would like to give it a whirl? We will be here to help.
[18:24:43] <inetpro> +1 for kbmonkey again
[18:24:54] * theblazehen votes kbmonkey
[18:24:55] <nuvolari> the break is nice *cough*
[18:24:56] <queery> +1 who ever
[18:24:56] <not_found> +1 for kbmonkey
[18:25:02] <Kilos> yours kbmonkey
[18:25:05] <Cantide> +1
[18:25:10] <Lionthinker> +1
[18:25:10] <kbmonkey> Rad :]
[18:25:11] <queery> ur all good
[18:25:16] <queery> done
[18:25:20] <Vince-0> I'll learn next time and take over a couple kbmonkey
[18:25:21] <magespawn> +1
[18:25:26] <not_found> +1 to always having good chairs and meetings
[18:25:30] <queery> Maaz, +1 kbmonkey
[18:25:30] <Maaz> queery: Sorry...
[18:25:31] <kbmonkey> Maaz agreed kbmonkey to chair the meeting on 15 April 2013
[18:25:31] <Maaz> Agreed: kbmonkey to chair the meeting on 15 April 2013
[18:25:40] <nuvolari> +1
[18:25:43] <kbmonkey> it is the 15th, right
[18:25:43] <inetpro> +1 for Vince-0 next time :-)
[18:25:45] <Cantide> i felt that this was a very good meeting! and there are many things i am interested in :)
[18:25:47] <kbmonkey> the 3rd Monday
[18:25:50] <Cantide> thanks everyone~
[18:25:54] <theblazehen> kbmonkey: Yes
[18:25:55] <Lionthinker> Cantide, agreed
[18:25:57] <Vince-0> Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter requests submissions for summary writers and editors: http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=7806
[18:26:00] <nuvolari> yep, 15th is good
[18:26:04] <kbmonkey> Maaz topic Closing
[18:26:04] <Maaz> Current Topic: Closing
[18:26:16] <kbmonkey> Thanks everyone, for being here and feeding us back!
[18:26:17] <not_found> thanks ZA, hope you have a good coming month and enjoy the start of the chill :p
[18:26:20] <queery> Maaz, botsnack
[18:26:20] <Maaz> thanks, queery
[18:26:24] <Kilos> ty kbmonkey and all who were here
[18:26:33] <Vince-0> yaar brb
[18:26:39] <inetpro> kbmonkey: thanks
[18:26:42] <nuvolari> thanks for running the meeting kbmonkey!
[18:26:43] <kbmonkey> Apologies if I push the topics quickly, it's habit now from our work style morning meetings :p
[18:26:46] <not_found> thanks kbmonkey :)
[18:26:49] <magespawn> Vince-0: ownCloud
[18:26:57] <theblazehen> thanks kbmonkey
[18:27:01] <queery> need to go
[18:27:05] <queery> thanx guys
[18:27:05] <magespawn> ty kbmonkey
[18:27:09] <nuvolari> kbmonkey: no excuses, we made it in time, which is what we want
[18:27:10] <Kilos> cheers queery
[18:27:10] <queery> ty kbmonkey
[18:27:13] <kbmonkey> okay, that's it folks
[18:27:19] <Kilos> see you the 15th
[18:27:21] <kbmonkey> Maaz meeting end
[18:27:21] <Maaz> kbmonkey: Excuse me?
[18:27:25] <inetpro> perfect timing
[18:27:36] <not_found> night all... me working in the morning *yawn*
[18:27:39] <not_found> bye
[18:27:39] <Vince-0> hey magespawn
[18:27:39] <inetpro> kbmonkey: other way around
[18:27:40] <kbmonkey> Maaz end meeting